5 Surf Blogs Worth Reading
Looking for more stoke? Here are some other surf blogs that I keep up with on a regular basis. Totally worth a read. (Special note to those whose sites I’m about to mention: I promise your sites listed in no particular order. This is just the order they are currently listed in under my RSS feed reader. I love these sites equally.)
- Learning to Surf – Totally has the surf bug. But her blog is great because she really documents how she’s trying to progress and how the progression is going (sometimes good, sometimes not). So I can totally identify. Always great photos with her surf reports. (And she used WordPress! My favorite.) http://www.traceythompson.com/surfing/
- Wave Journal of a Norcal Surfer – Half Moon Bay, Capitola and Linda Mar are among her usual surf spots. Friends with “Learning to Surf,” so on occasion they’ll paddle out together and you can get two separate reports on the same surf session. She also includes video on a regular basis. (Though she’s currently exploring OZ, so regular reports may be sparce until her return. Hope she’s having a blast there!) http://surfergrrrl.blogspot.com/
- Stand Up Paddle Surf News – Talk about someone who has the stoke. This dude lives in landlocked Switzerland and still found a way to surf. He does stand up paddling all around Switzerland and beyond. Lots of fantastic photos and video. (Don’t worry if your German is not up to par, there is an English translation toggle in the top of the sidebar.) http://www.supsurf.ch/news/
- Liquid Salt Magazine – Sweet interviews with notable folks in the surf world. Liquid Salt is an online magazine that celebrates the rich diversity and culture that is surfing. http://www.liquidsaltmag.com/
- DO IT – Not a surf blog, but still totally worth a read. Fellow Portoer Mike is has a flare for crazy awesome projects. (He really helped me out a lot with my surf rack.) His site is chockerblock full of sweet do-it-yourself projects like how to build a 3D Camera Rig from Canon Powershot Cameras or how to build a lava lamp MIDI controller. http://mikesenese.com/DOIT/
What other surf blogs do you read?
I guess I need to write about surfing on my blog more, Cynthia and Tracey are beating me 🙂
Its fun surfing with the both of them. If your ever up in NorCal drop me a line @lkilpatrick on twitter.
Thanks for the write up. I built the site to teach myself wordpress, php, and css and to help my 84 year old (very net savvy) grandmother follow my surfing. I think it’s really amazing that other people read it too!
Thanks for all your great posts too man! 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving.
crazy, i saw the “Wave Journal of a Norcal surfer” girl out at cowells a few days ago, and i was wondering why she had a camera strapped to her. ill find her next time…
That is crazy. You know all the sweet surf bloggers!